Friday, April 27, 2012

Our "ever silent" God

Sometimes I have these conversations with God. They go something like this:

“God, what you want from me?”

No answer

“God, seriously I’m trying to listen, what you want from me… what do you want me to do?"

Again, no answer.

These moments are frustrating because we feel like we are praying to the ever silent, invisible God. Then we find ourselves questioning and debating his very existence.

But know this my friends. God is always around, and even though we may not see, feel or hear Him, He is working.

Tonight I had a conversation with my friend Dinah, she is an incredible young woman who fears the Lord, and He spoke through her. It doesn’t matter what our conversation was about, but it matters that I saw my King in her, and that is beautiful.

I think sometimes we forget that God is in all things. He speaks in the most unexpected places and works through His faithful servants, and even the unfaithful. We try to define how God communicates, but we can just never know. God is God and that is that.

How beautiful is that, our indefinable God. So next time you feel like God isn’t there, just try to see Him in the small places, see how He works in those around you, look for encouraging words on walls, accept good thoughts that come into your head. God is there, He is in all things.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment