Monday, October 31, 2011

Wannabe Witty Tweeter


I’d like to think that I’m witty and intelligent, but really I’m not. I got a twitter account a few weeks ago. This is mainly because a friend of mine told me that some of the things I say are utterly ridiculous. The problem is I don’t know what those things are!

So here sits this little twitter account. I refuse to be the person that tweets every five minutes about the happenings in my life, but I don’t want to be the person that doesn’t tweet at all. I gotta keep my fans updated! (I really don’t have fans, I’d just like to think that) So what do I tweet about?!?

I was talking to a friend the other day about the difference between Facebook and Twitter. I’ve decided this; Facebook is an opportunity for people to see what’s happening in my daily life (self-centered, I know). They can see that a few weeks ago, I went to a Ben Rector concert and was chilling in my hometown for a weekend. Twitter, is what I like to call a commentary on life. So my twitter is going to say something like this, “The difference b/t food and drink is that you get sick of eating the same food everyday but drinks get better the more you have them #ilovedrpepper”. It’s just a simple commentary.

The other thing I feel is that on Facebook, its totally cool to get religious. I mean, I am religious, and if I feel like I need to share a Bible verse or song, I put it as my status. But not with Twitter. That’s just crossing the line! Okay, I’m not sure about that. But I get this sense that Twitter is the place where I’m supposed to be funny and light-hearted and kind of shallow. I make it my goal on Twitter to make people laugh. I don’t know, is that reasonable, or is that totally a crazy thought?

That’s why Twitter is so much of a struggle for me. Because when it comes down to it, I have the hardest time thinking of witty things to say!

Truth be told, I’m a very serious person and I take myself extremely seriously. So when it comes to saying something on Twitter, I stress and wonder if it was something worth saying. I have a friend on Twitter, her name is Laura, and every time she tweets I literally have to put my hand on my mouth to keep myself from bursting out loud with laughter. I want to be that twitterer. Where everything I say makes someone laugh out loud. But alas, I am just a serious person trying to be funny. Maybe someday my dream of being a comedian will come true, but for now, I am just a wannabe hilarious tweeter. And I guess I’m okay with that.

Much love to anyone who takes the time to read this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment