Sunday, January 13, 2013

Me, Insecure?!? NEVER!!!


Have you ever noticed that in the moments you feel most insecure, those are the moments you act like the biggest idiot? I have, at least for myself.

There’s something about being surrounded by people that you’re not the most comfortable around so then you end up boasting about this or that and how awesome you are… then if you run into someone who also insecure about themselves, and you find yourself in a One-Upper battle with them, and that’s just a disaster waiting to happen.

Most of the time, my insecurities come out with the people that I’ve known the longest. I’m not quite sure why this is but I’m assuming it has something to do with the fact that they’ve known me at my worst times. A lot of the times when I end up hanging out with these people I want to show them that I’m not the same as when I was younger and more foolish. I so badly want to impress them with who I have become.

But does that really mean I’ve become much better than what I was before? I mean, I am still a sinner and I will always be one until the day I die. I know there is such thing as growth and maturity, so don’t misinterpret me and think all of this is pointless. But what I think I am slowly learning is that the insecurities we fill ourselves with are what hold us back. And not only that, it’s more important place your security in Christ.

I find the moments I’m most at peace in a social situation, I’m trusting God with what He wants me to say and do. When I trust God my insecurities fade away.

So if you go into a social situation feeling insecure, hum this verse of Stuart Townend’s song “How Deep The Father’s Love For Us”

“I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection”

Boast in your Savior, boast in His love for you, boast in the fact that you are valued by Him. All other sources where you find your value are nothing in comparison to finding value in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment